|New Challenge - with Prize! -|
Message #1 Posted by Jordi Hidalgo on 29 Nov 2001, 6:01 a.m.
Would you like to know more about the HP-12C? Things such as programming
scientific functions, reviewing emulators, watching its new Agilent chip,
learning all about codenames and varieties, etc. Or maybe you would enjoy
reading a thorough article on Compaq's merger, or what happened at the
Well, all you've got to do is get the September/October issue of Datafile.
And guess who got a spare copy?
I just want to make sure that it will go to the right home, hence this:
Five questions. The prize will go to the first person that correctly answers
the most number of questions. Please, email your answers to: email@example.com
Ten days to submit entries, until Sunday 9 December (according to Spanish
time). Then I'll announce the winner and send the magazine to him or her.
[Note to current HPCC members: Of course you can participate, although you've
already got the prize! ;-]
Ok, here are the questions:
1. Who suggested to Henry Horn (HP Key Notes Editor) a competition to name the HP-41C programming language?
2. Who wrote the HP-67 owner's handbook?
3. Who founded the HPCC (formerly PPC-UK)?
4. Which famous filmmaker wrote a letter of praise to HP after purchasing an HP-35?
5. Whose was the idea of hiding an Easter egg in the HP48G command RULES?
Pretty easy, eh? I hope my poor English won't have caused too much trouble.
HPCC member #1046
PS: Remember to send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org